Wednesday, July 14, 2010

黄大仙- Huang Da Xian

Today for afternoon class, we went to Huang Da Xian. It's a temple for this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wong_Tai_Sin . We got to practice our Chinese with one of our afternoon teachers, and it was very useful. I haven't put up the pictures yet, but they are soon to come. We had a test today which was pretty difficult at some parts, but hopefully I did ok. Friday, I have an oral test which requires me to memorize 4 paragraphs in Chinese and then recite 1-2 from memory. Then they ask me supplementary questions that I don't know yet. Friday, we might have our first typhoon since we've been here. I'm mildly excited for it, but I hear we'll be trapped in our dorm for a couple days if its bad so that'll probably be very boring. On Monday, I need to write my own speech that has to be 3-5 minutes long and then it'll have a 10 minute Q&A session afterwards. So, I've been pretty busy recently. After Monday, things should quiet down for a little while. Tomorrow, I have the day off, so I plan on getting a haircut, and I'm praying that it goes well, and I don't look like Goku afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment