Sunday, July 4, 2010

Peak, Buddha, Beach

I've been very busy since my last post. This week we had Thursday off for Hong Kong's Independence Day. A bunch of us decided to go to Victoria Peak because the sky was very clear that day, and we thought we'd get a good view of downtown Hong Kong. It took awhile to get there, but it was well worth the view. I uploaded my pictures a couple days ago. Unfortunately, my lack of a tripod made some of the night pictures really bad. We didn't take the tram up to the top of the Peak but took a bus instead. I've decided I'll be owning a house at the top because the view is incredible. One side you have the ocean, the other has all of Hong Kong .

On Saturday, we went to see the Tian Tan Buddha, which also a good ways away from where we live. We took a cable car to get there which is really cool. You go over the water and over a bunch of mountains. I thought this Buddha was really old, but it turns out I'm actually older than it. It was built in 1993.

Today we went to the beach, and it was awesome. We kinda took the wrong bus, so we didn't end up exactly where we wanted to go, but everything worked out. We ended up buying a ticket and went on a 20 minute boat ride to a beach. It was pretty crowded, but the water felt amazing. After swimming around for awhile, we went to the other side of the island, and no one was there. There were some rocks in the water, so we kinda snorkeled using them. I got pretty burnt because at the store the sunscreen was like 70 HKD, so we all bought lotion that had SPF 24 for a lot cheaper. It didn't work out too well... Unfortunately, I didn't get to do too much American stuff for it being 4th of July, but it was still a great day

1 comment:

  1. Clarke,

    Your photostream with this post is really amazing. The quality of the photos is excellent, and they are all so interesting.

    The cablecar looked like something. I wonder if there are any monorails in Hong Kong.

    ReplyDelete