Friday, June 4, 2010

到香港 - Arriving in Hong Kong

After several hours of travel, we finally arrived in Hong Kong. Our plane leaving Detroit was a little late, so it added to the already too long plane flight. I had decided to sleep as little as possible on the plane to try and avoid the jet lag... Unfortunately, I still woke up at 5:00 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep.

We didn't have internet at first and that's the reason for delay in communication. While I didn't get to see all of the city on the drive in, the little bit I saw is incredible. The impression I got is a fusion between New York City and Baltimore, in China.

The campus is on a mountain. It is impossible to go anywhere without walking up or down a hill, but everything is within about a 5 minute bus ride. We're headed to the city for the first time tonight. It was really cloudy today, so there wasn't a good opportunity to take pictures, but there's plenty of time. I've got some pictures of my room and the view from my window that'll be up soon. Farewell til next time

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Clarke.

    The blog is great; photostream is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete