Monday, June 7, 2010

勘探 - Exploration

Sorry for going so long since the last post. I've been really busy, and it almost feels like I made the post last night. So since you've heard from me I've done a lot of exploring. Saturday afternoon, we met four of the CUHK IBCE students. They all seem pretty cool after only talking to them for a little while. After that, me and a couple other friends went to the mall in search of SIM cards or a phone. It was pretty tough to understand what they were saying, since it's a little technical. We then finally found out that you need to have a Hong Kong ID card in order to sign up for a contract which we should be getting soon.

Then, me and Diana went exploring, and we decided to get off at the KowLoon Tong exit. As soon as we got off of the train, we saw Festival Walk, so we decided to go in. It was tons of stores, an indoor ice skating rink, and a movie theater. We explored around there for a little while and decided to go back.

Sunday we met at 11 for a tour of the 沙田 Plaza. This is where we were the night before, but after the tour realized we hadn't gotten anywhere close to exploring the entire thing. We went to a "wet" market where they sell things like live fish, pig snouts, chicken feet, and other stuff like that. I bought a ridiculous Chinese shirt that's white, purple, and orangeish-yellow. We got back from that and immediately decided to try and find a night market. We decided on the Temple Street Market which is about 40 minutes entire trip from our dorms. They have knock-off watches for $5 and signs that make no sense like "Don't fart in the bed". On the way back, we made the mistake of walking along side of the market to see several women of the night trying to find some business. After we got back, I instantly passed out.

2 comments:

  1. Can you get me a good recipe for pig snouts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if there is a "good" way to serve them, but I'll try and do my best

    ReplyDelete