Sunday, June 27, 2010

下雨了 - Rain

It's been awhile since my last post. Not too much interesting has happened since then. It has been raining here nonstop since Friday night. I had class like normal all week. I finally bought a cellphone, so I can finally communicate with friends here. I have my first test tomorrow. It's on 5 chapters that we covered in about 2 weeks and a day. They grade impossible hard here. For multiple choice, fill in the blank, etc it's not bad, but for grammar related questions, you can make one mistake and miss about 6 out of 10 points.

So, I've had my blog title for awhile, and I keep getting a lot of questions about it so here's the meaning behind it. I'll quote Kyle/the James family "the shower represents Hong Kong and that because this is such a good opportunity, but also a huge cultural difference you don't won't to put up barriers and not take all of the chances to experience something new. If you did limit yourself, you would metaphorically be wearing a rain coat." Also Mr. Williams was also close with his guess.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you shared this.

    Does Mr. Williams get a monkey too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one will be tough enough to get back, but we will see.

    ReplyDelete