Wednesday, June 16, 2010

端午节 - Dragonboat Festival

Today was the Dragonboat Festival. It comes on the 5th day of the 5th month on the lunar calendar. I'm not exactly sure the purpose, but an ancient poet/scholar was exiled and ended up drowning himself in a river, and the entire holiday is tied around that. We left here at about 9 to go to Hong Kong Island to watch the races. It was about a two and a half hour journey to finally get to our destination which was far away from downtown. By the time we had gotten there, all the races were over, but the bus ride over was really cool, and there was still a lot of stuff to do once we arrived. We were all exhausted by the time we were heading back.

P.S. post here to try and guess what you think my blog title means. If you guess right, I'll bring you a reward when I return. No kyle allowed...

4 comments:

  1. Well, I must admit I have no guess at all.

    But I am waiting to see what everyone else thinks.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man I still want a reward even though Im not allowed to guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, no Kyle allowed. What about Kyle's dad (who thought Kyle was giving Clarke too much credit for being subtle with the meaning after we discussed it)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bring back one prize for the James family for being the first to guess it

    ReplyDelete